So Mike’s favourite takeaway is Chinese, but mine’s Indian so obviously we usually compromise and get an Indian…..
So I thought I’d be nice and make him one of his favs at home – and even though I’m not usually a fan of it from the takeaway, this was YUM….and super speedy! 45 minutes (less if you want to be healthier and skip the fried chicken) so even quicker than ordering a takeaway!
What do you need?
(For 2 greedy pigs)
2 large chicken breasts chopped
1 red pepper chopped into large chunks
1 large onion chopped into large chunks
3 cloves of garlic, minced
1 inch fresh ginger, chopped
1 red chilli diced
100g plain flour
2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion salt
1/2 tsk celery salt
2 tbsp malt vinegar*
2 tbsp brown sugar*
1 small tin of pineapple chunks plus juice
*ratio depending on your preference of sweet to sour!
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a bowl and in a separate bowl whisk the eggs together
- Coat each piece of chicken in the flour mix, then in the egg and then back into the flour mix – shallow fry in batches for around 6 minutes until cooked through
- Whilst the chicken is cooking fry your onions, chilli, garlic and ginger for a couple of minutes before adding in the peppers. Leave for a couple of minutes before adding in the ketchup, vinegar, brown sugar and pineapple (and juice!) and leave to reduce
- Once the chicken is all cooked, place on a piece of kitchen roll to absorb the oil and then stir through your sauce to ensure it’s fully coated
- Serve with rice, fresh spring onions and sesame seeds!
YUM YUM YUM
What’s your favourite fakeaway? Comment below!