Another dish on the table in less than 15 minutes – packed full of flavour and with only a handful of ingredients! Perfect for a stress-free dinner or a speedy lunchtime snack!
If you’re looking for something slightly lighter for lunchtime, (or even breakfast!) try the mushroom mixture on toasted sourdough!
Half a pack chestnut mushrooms (sliced)
200ml double cream
Handful of fresh parsley
1 garlic clove (sliced)
Pasta of your choice – I used fusilli
Knob of butter
Parmesan & Parsley to serve
- Add pasta to boiling water as per instructions on the packet
- Add a dash of oil to a pan and gently fry the garlic for a couple of minutes before adding the mushrooms
- Once the mushrooms have softened add in the parsley and knob of butter followed by the cream & a dash of pasta water and season, and leave to reduce for a couple of minutes
- Once cooked, drain your pasta (set aside a cup of pasta water) and add to the mushrooms – coat in the sauce adding extra pasta water if needed.
- Serve with fresh parsley and sprinkling of parmesan