My favourite way to cook fish is by wrapping it in parchment paper with some veg and letting it work its magic! For this, I used frozen cod pieces which I love. They’re great to have in the freezer for a last minute dinner and also to save a few pennies! A great dinner to have on the table in less than 40mins & super tasty!
2 cod fillets (if using frozen you may want to use 3 as they tend to be smaller & shrink more!
100g chorizo (peeled and sliced)
300gish white potatoes (peeled and cubed)
2 cloves of garlic
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp chilli flakes (more if you like it spicy!)
Handful of fresh parsley
Squeeze of lemon
Drizzle of good quality olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 190C
- Parboil the potatoes in salted water for 8-10 minutes, meanwhile fry the chorizo in a large pan with a little oil.
- When the chorizo starts to crisp up, add in your garlic. Cook for a few minutes before draining and adding in the potatoes. At this stage, you want to crisp up the potatoes slightly and coat them in oil released from the chorizo!
- Place a large sheet of parchment paper in a baking tray and add in the potato & chorizo mix, then placing the cod pieces on top and topping with fresh parsley, paprika, chilli flakes and a drizzle of oil. Fold the parchment paper over the top to make a parcel and place in the oven (15 mins for fresh fish, 20-25 for frozen), until the fish is cooked through and flakey!
- Serve with a squeeze of lemon, salad and vine roasted tomatoes!